Friday, December 30, 2005

Sullen Girl... NEVER is a promise

Sullen Girl

Days like this - I don't know what to do with myself - All Day, then All Night.
I wander the halls along the walls, and under my breath I say to myself;
'I need fuel to take flight'
And there's too much going on.
But it's calm under the waves, in the blue of my oblivion.

Is that why they call me a sullen girl?
They don't know I used to sail the deep and tranquil sea.
But he washed me shore, and he took my pearl.
And left an empty shell of me.

Never is a Promise

You'll never see, the courage I know
It's colors' richness won't appear within your view

I'll never glow, the way that you glow
Your presence dominates the judgements made on you
But as the scenary grows, I see in different lights
The shades and shadow undulate in my preception
My feelings swell and stretch, I see from greater heights

I understand what I am still too proud to mention - to you
You'll say you understand, but you don't understand
You'll say you'd never give up seeing eye to eye
But never is a promise, and you can't afford to lie

You'll never touch, these things that I hold

The skin of my emotions lies beneath my own
You'll never feel, the heat of this song
My fever burns me deeper than I've ever shown - to you
You'll say, don't fear your dreams, it's easier than it seems
You'll say you'd never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise, and you can't afford to lie

You'll never live, this life that I live
I"ll never live the life that wakes me in the night
You'll never see the message I give
You'll say it looks as though I might give up this fight

You'll say you understand, you'll never understand
I'll say I'll never wake up knowing how or why
I don't know what to believe in,
You don't know who I am
You'll say I need appeasing when I start to cry
But never is a promise and I'll never need a lie

No comments: